View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired View Post
Good Morning
That being said, I am NOT a natural born singer. SO MANY songs I want to do (born on the bayou, hey tonight by creedence and a few others) are JUST out of reach...like...a HALF STEP out of reach.
If it really is that consistent - which I find surprising - then tuning a half-step down is the obvious answer.
Like MikeBmusic says, if you have to play with people in EADGBE, just put a capo on 1.

The alternative would be to transpose the chords, and use a capo some other way. E.g., if a song is in E, and you need to sing it in Eb, put a capo on 3 and use C chord shapes. Or a capo on 1 and play it in D. Or just take it a little further down, to D or C anyway, no capo.
I understand that some songs need riffs or whatever that make use of open strings - and if they need the low E that's a problem. But otherwise there's always ways round the key issue for your voice, without necessarily tuning differently. For a player of your experience, transposition should hold no terrors!