View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 08:03 PM

Wow, can't believe it's been a year since this post was commented on!!
It's now been 18mths since my guitar was built, so I feel it proper to share another video with you all.
This is a cover of Shane Nicholson's "Second Hand Man"
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.quai...user_video_tab

What's been happening with me? Well, right now, because of business slowing down, and nothing social happening, I've been re-visiting this thread to check out what now seems like a long ago memory!!!

The last 12mths has seen a massive increase in the amount of gigs I've been playing at.

In my previous update, I had just played my first 2hr gig. That has now grown to many 3hr+ gigs at local markets, resaurants, and cafes. Charity events everywhere that I have put my hand up for as well.

The start of this year(and still going now!) has been so hectic with extreme events happening here in Australia, catastrophic bushfires, followed by floods, then the toiletpaper panic, and Covid19 lockdown. What will April have in store for us??!!

On the next guitar build front, obviously nothing will be happening anytime soon, but if I happen to go through Aaron Fenech again, it won't be in the same format as what I did 18mths ago. Aaron's brand of Fenech guitars has taken off monumentally, and he now has two or three emplyees helping him build his guitars for distribution around the world.
As a result, the two week course I attended doesn't exist anymore, but he is offering the "Fenech Guitars Workshop Experience" where you go in for a week, and work side-by-side with the Fenech crew and assist with building your own Fenech branded guitar.
https://fenechguitars.com.au/guitar-...ol-gold-coast/

It's not the same as being the one building your own guitar from the timbers you'e selected, and I'm not sure what "creative control" you have over the build, but I have sampled a lot of his guitars, and they are certainly extremely high quality, and I doubt there would be any of the miniscule mistakes that a rank beginner would include in their builds!

Anyway, thanks for checking in, and following along. See you out there again soon......I hope!!
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar