View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Smile Build: Baranik Meridian, Crazy Cocobolo/Blue Spruce

Justin, Jason, Steve, Phil and Richard, thanks for the kind words and thanks for tuning in. I'll continue to post new photos as fast as Mike sends them to me.

Mike estimated a May delivery time, so the pace of this thread should be pretty quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riorider View Post
You know John I have seen that set, but wow I don't remember it being that beautiful! I would have, however, advised a term less abusive to my ear though! Yeah, yeah, I know "sick" means "sweet" and all that... but I personally like "insane" or "outrageous" or incredibly complex" and the connotations those evoke! Phil
Phil, As Bill Murray said in Scrooged, "Well, it's a little late to get this kind of feedback".. The thread titles aren't editable once the thread has been posted. Maybe the Cocobolo set didn't look this nice at the gathering because it hadn't been sanded at that point.

I did get one more photo from Mike. Here are the two back sides getting glued together. The expensive, quartersawn lumber used for weights will really add to the "weight" of the finished guitar's sound. I told Mike I didn't want a thin sound, so this was his solution.

The segmented, center line of masking tape will also go well with the "racing" theme of this guitar.

All jokes aside, I am very happy and excited that Mike is building this guitar for me. He is my favorite luthier and I am in awe of his talents when it comes to building guitars.

That's it for now.
John

Last edited by Cocobolo Kid; 10-01-2017 at 10:11 PM.