View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 07:12 PM

My Optima Air periodically freaks out, suddenly becoming very staticy and distorted. I started by troubleshooting cables, and power supply (and battery in guitars), as it is on a pedalboard, but I can confirm that it's completely intermittent and doesn't matter what combo I use. Even if I isolate it and plug directly in/out of it, it gets into this state (and it doesn't matter which instrument I have plugged in).

As others have reported, power cycling fixes the issue until it happens again. In researching this (in this forum, on FaceBook) and Reddit, it seems I'm not the only one. I updated the firmware to the latest yesterday, and also defaulted the unit back to factory. I have not played it enough yet to get it into the freakout state, assuming it does, what are my next steps? I purchased this in October 2022 (not sure what the warranty policy is).

Functionally this pedal is great, but there's likely a bit of you get what you pay for her, as it seems that Nux has quality control issues.

I'd replace it with something else, if I could figure out what else would be equivalent but have better quality (and quieter).