View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 07:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
RX Connect is shown in the [iZotope] plugins drop-down but if you select it in Logic Pro X, you get a plugin-like window, but it recommends using RX as a standalone. (I don't see any way you can actually use it otherwise, since all the controls are disabled!)

It was another little disappointment I've had with iZotope on OS X and/or Logic Pro X. I love their tools, but decided I won't upgrade anymore (unless I must) since they seem to have focused on other platforms.
I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying
Communication on a thread is often difficult, and I do not use Logic so I am not sure of particular similarities and or differences. Also I am still using RX 4 (so there very well could be other changes in the newer versions) I was just stating what is on the iZotope web site, where iZotope makes the distinction of having to select iZotope as the "External sample editor" in Logic, where in PT you do not have to do that .

But let's back up a bit. In Pro tools there are two distinct types of plugin categories. The real time non destructive ones that show up under the "Inserts" button on the track channel strip in the mixer window, as a dropdown ( which play the processing but do not overwrite original file) . And then the destructive ones that are in the "Audio Suite" category in the header bar as a dropdown. Which are destructive and an (overwrite the file) But can be auditioned before rendering and can be un done if rendered .

iZotope shows up under both categories BUT the Spectral Repair module and RX Connect are only accessible thru the Audio Suite in PT

To use the Spectral repair
In PT and RX 4 I have to set up an Aux track and choose "RX Monitor" from the Inserts tab on the Aux track the "Monitor" (black arrow )plugin allows me to hear/monitor in real time the audio selection I am working on in the Stand Alone spectral repair window while the PT session I am working on is still open .

Then I have select the the section of audio I want to repair in PT then open Audio Suite and select RX Connect then I am all set I do the repair and select render In RX then sent to PT

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 08-07-2020 at 08:02 AM.