View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 11:02 AM

Default Sold 1950 Gibson es-150 archtop

Selling my Vintage 1950 Gibson ES-150 with factory installed P-90 pick-up. Just a very cool guitar and so much history. To bad this guitar can’t talk LOL. If you are an archtop lover, no question you would love this guitar. First thing I noticed when I picked this guitar up was how light it was especially for a 17” wide laminated body with arched top & arched back. I don’t know who did the last setup on the guitar but the action is low and it makes play such a joy. Not really a guitar term but it Plays like butter!
Body has single ply binding on front and back. Post war gold silk screen script logo. *Rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay. In terms of condition, its a 70 year old guitar so there are some some nicks, scratches, dings, but that said, the guitar really is beat up at all. The neck is very comfortable and typical of Gibson’s from this period. It does look like there was a repair on the side of the guitar for a couple of cracks. Can’t really tell if they went into the wood or just in the finish. I have owned the guitar for about 5 years and nothing has changed so I doubt it will ever be an issue. Back has some discoloring as well but no major dings. I am not a vintage guitar guy so not sure what it original and whats been replaced though I would guess the pickguard is newer given its condition. The guitar comes in a chipboard case that’s see better days. Handle is missing so I have a leather strap that I use for a handle. I will plan on bubble wrapping the entire case when I ship it which should give it enough protection. With a fast comfortable neck profile, this guitar is an unbeatable value and a true pro guitar, and an ideal choice for a great working instrument. It’s loud acoustically but really shines plugged in. The tone is fat and warm. Many other archtops have come and gone but I never considered selling this guitar. But I think now is the time Would be a great addition to any archtop collection
$1895 plus shipping and any payment fees

Last edited by jazzbobh; 07-12-2020 at 06:52 AM.