View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 08:10 PM
Humanist

Well, Rebecca drove over Willamette Pass on Friday, when the guitar was literally 2-days old. Despite my years doing this, and my builder-friends all over, this might be the "youngest" guitar I've touched!

So we fooled around with set-up just a bit, and also spent a bunch of time catching up on "friend stuff".

I decided to try to make a raw recording this afternoon, "day 4" in the life of this guitar. This might not be altogether fair to Rebecca or the guitar, but it's vibrating so nicely in my lap, well, why not share here, amongst friends! Rebecca did give permission for me to post this, so here it is.

Heck, the guitar still doesn't know that it isn't a tree (or multiple trees) yet!

I tried adding a hint of reverb via Final Cut, but I'm not sure that it "took", so this is pretty raw...and no EQ, compression, anything.

What better way to find out what the guitar actually sounds, like, of course. I'm expecting changes in tonality over time, but for now it's got the sparkle, articulation, and smoothness of a Somogyi...those are my first impressions, anyway.

Enjoy:

100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner