Thread: Practice Guitar
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 09:48 PM

Default Practice Guitar

I see both sides of this discussion. Years ago, I bought a very serviceable Orpheum auditorium on going-out-of-business sale to “protect” my Taylor.
The up side is my Taylor is still in mint condition. However, would it be better broken in if it were all I played?
At times I think I should sell off the Taylor and just play the practice guitar. It really is quite good.
Recently, I took it to my son’s for Christmas so I could coach my daughter-in-law learning to play my sons old Takamine. We brought back some of the grandkids so there was not
Room for my Orpheum. No problem, my wife would bring it Back next trip next Month, right? Wrong! Things have changed and I may not Get it back for a while. So the moral of that story is the practice guitar has allowed me to still have a guitar back here, The Taylor.
And I keep an old Harmony banger out to grab anytime I want, or the grandkids can beat around on it.
So this rambling is my vote yes for practice and banger guitars. There is definitely a place for them