View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJ915 View Post
I’m a QSC user. I’d encourage you to (if possible) spend a little more money and get the K series speakers. The CP line is OK, but the K series line is a significant upgrade. I’d also consider purchasing a sub or two. Although light and mobile, the KS112 is no slouch. I think you’d be very happy with K8s or K10s over a pair of 12” subs. Also, the original K series speakers are just as good - I think they run quieter - than the “new and improved” K.2 series, so you’d save a little coin if you could find a pair of used, original K series tops. Good luck!
I have to disagree here. I own two original K12 speakers and recently purchased a CP8 and CP12. I compared the K12 to the K12.2 and still find the originals to sound better. The new K.2 models sacrificed some low end for more clarity. I did a CP12 vs original K12 comparison and the CP12 sound just as good plus you get the benefit of eq settings. Honestly, my CP12 sounds awesome. I am glad I have the original K12s but I would have no problem gigging with the CP12s. Also, the CP12 weighs the same as a K10, which is very light. I have a K10 as well that I will be selling.

Someone pointed out sticking to Yamaha. I like their speakers but find they have a higher noise floor. QSC speakers are dead quiet.