View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Agree with MartinGitDave,

Dannyg1 however underlined the fact that

I think he means some people may want to buy a line array when a combo amp would be more appropriate.

How many people bought a Fender Twin Reverb to put in their appartment and realize that the thing is insanely loud And I am not talking about the many JCM900 4x10 I've seen in ridiculous small rooms when I was a teenager.

In your case, MartinGitdave, the line array suits your need. But many would consider equally a Mini line array and a Fishman loudbox... Without knowing for what they are meant.

I can testify because I've done that mistake. I've bought a Bose L1 mII + Tonematch because I was so impressed of how it sounded in a light-and-sound renting warehouse... But when I was home, I soon realized it was total overkill for a small guy like me in a small city (in the US you'd call that a village in the French countryside.

Cuki
Good points Cuki. The genesis of my purchase of a compact line array was a wine bar that I was playing in. The room was long and skinny, with an "L" shape and the people in the back could not hear me without blasting myself and the people in front. These systems are perfect for this application.

However, I quickly regretted selling my Line 6 L2t because it was better for really small intimate spaces, at low volume, where there isn't enough space to develop the beaming effect. I solved that problem by purchasing a 8" coaxial powered speaker cab which is extremely warm and musical sounding. It includes a nice tilt stand to get the sound up to seated ear level. And, I can use both together if needed.