View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:39 AM

Try playing a classical guitar and you'll be humbled even more. It took me a year to fix my sloppy right and left hand technique.

I've owned a Kingpin in the past & what improved mine a lot was a trip to the local luthier. The best thing he did was sand the bottom of the saddle to better match the profile of the body. That turned an ordinary archtop guitar into a great one.

I regret selling that guitar to this day.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
...a Godin Kingpin. So far, I like it better acoustically which was my initial concern. Part of my problem is that I only have experience with flat tops and didn't know exactly what to expect. Even with the strings Godin puts on there is much more sustain and volume. I am attempting to adjust the only amp I have (Roland AC-33) to get what I want there. I think, for me, I made the right decision. One of the things I liked about the kingpin ii was that it was forcing me to get better with my fretting hand -- 50+ years of sloppy chords really raised their ugly head. This neck is the same and I will just have to work at it more. Now...if I can just learn how to finger that G7b5+13q I can move forward!

Richard

P.S. I accidentally posted this under "Harp..." This is my attempt to move it.
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop