View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Cams - Yes, Calum's Wingert. It's superb. Really honoured to have it. I never thought I'd see it again and when I did, I just couldn't resist. And it sounded even better than I'd remembered. Lifetime keeper right there. I was going to say despite the huge neck (51mm nut, nearly 62 mm string spacing at the saddle). But actually maybe partly because of the neck. And the tone... Wow. I'll have it at RMMGA this year. And, if it's ready, the Sands bari too... (Still waiting to hear from the venue on dates etc!)

Col - thanks for your PMs! Nice to chat and share experiences. Lovely instruments you have there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming Tom Sands, and a Baritone too! I am missing a Baritone in my personal collection currently so I am envious - running a guitar business now means that I can't justify personal guitars for a while but we have a Tom Sands Model S coming end of the year so I guess that's nice too

Looking forward to seeing (and hopefully hearing) this beauty! I should have a build thread up soon to accompany yours
Yup - looking more than "nice" from what I've seen of it! Looking forward to the build thread (maybe I missed it?).

Hopefully - running a guitar business - means you get to enjoy the odd baritone passing through your shop...? As you can probably tell, I really enjoy having a baritone in the collection and am super excited about finally getting one that's built to fit me like a glove (not least as I have unusual neck/string spacing preferences).
Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists