View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
With the HFN, ideally, you'd want to make sure the three feet make and remain in contact with the bridgeplate. I think the Trance tape will enable a stronger adhesion than the VHB tape.

Try this first: Place a clean HFN on a pane of glass or a mirror and look under the feet to see if you can see light under any of them. If so, you could lightly sand the feet that would enable all three feet to sit flat on the glass surface.

Alternative to first but likely better but more tedious: Determine if all three feet of the HFN make contact with the bridgeplate before using adhesive to apply it to the bridgeplate. You could do this by applying No. 2 pencil lead or carbon paper residue (rub the HFN on the carbon paper) to the feet of the HFN and pressing lightly and equally with one finger under each foot to leave a light deposit of graphite or carbon on the bridgeplate. Use a mirror and light to see if all three feet leave an imprint. If not, lightly sand away enough HFN material from the appropriate feet to enable all three feet to make contact. Finally, use rubbing alcohol to remove all graphite or carbon residue from the bridgeplate and HFN before installing the HFN.
Excellent ideas! I am hesitant to remove mine since I really like the sound right now but I might try to trace around it so that I remember where I had it positioned and then try some of your ideas. I still think the Amulet M tape might prove the best overall tone. I just would love a stronger low E.