View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmat View Post
Juston -

Did you go with the 25.6 scale length? I have that in a few Brondels and like it especially for finger style because there is more space ti play with, especially up the neck. I keep the action a bit lowish for a classical type technique and it seems to work pretty. Although the lower action does seem to bleed bit of power off the guitar.

I get the sense from some of your posts that you are one of those hard pickin' fellas. This guitar will fit right in!

Best -
John
John, I prefer guitars with longer scale length, so I usually opt for 25.4-25.6" when given the choice. I also keep the action sort of high to maximize clarity and more or less eliminate fret buzz. My bass side is usually around 0.095-0.100" and the treble side is 0.070" with relief set somewhere between 0.004-0.006." I've played guitars that are set up lower and, while they do feel a little easier to play, I absolutely hate fret buzz or any kind of diminishment in power.

Yeah, I'm pretty hard picking for a fingerpicking guy. I hit hard with the thumb and the fingerpicks, which is why I like loud guitars with plenty of headroom.