View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 01:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62&climbing View Post
I am a bit confused here. I haven't bought a guitar in over 3 or 4 years and somehow now "must have" this Gretsch. It's like getting bit by a snake. Didn't see it coming.
I can COMPLETELY relate. I’d spent the last year downsizing with the specific goal of only keeping what I USE. No guitars in cases not being played. No drawers full of pedals in boxes...I even sold my unused 65 TRRI that sat in my music room with its cover for a long time.

I’d been to numerous shops with my son (who plays also), and other musician friends and had ZERO desire to buy anything. Seriously...NOTHING. I’d bought my Reverend from Maury in early 2018 with the intention of buying nothing else.

And up until 2 weeks ago...I’d been very satisfied. Then, I happened to stumble across the new G5230T’s and immediately told my wife...I have to buy one. Of course there aren’t any dealers around here so I did what research I could...but something inside me said that I HAD to have one.

I’d had a new rule that if one comes in, one must go out as I didn’t want guitars sitting unused. But, I don’t see that happening. It’s crazy. I guess there are those guitars that just have to be attained.

Last edited by PTony; 02-08-2019 at 07:01 PM.