View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTX View Post
... JUST my thought and approach, but -I- would PAN all instruments 100% left and vocals 100% right, then send the LEFT Main Out XLR into SA Channel 1 and RIGHT Main Out XLR into SA Channel 2 - SEPARATE XLR cables. That way you can use the EQ & Feedback controls on the SoloAmp. The GREAT sound and tone that the SoloAmp provides for acoustic guitar is significant, I would want to take advantage of that. Yes, mixers have EQ and maybe FX too, but they are not as special for acoustic as the Fishman is.

Best luck - Mike
Mike, thanks for the advice, and once I get the proper cables will definitely try this approach. The functions and workings of the board are starting to get a little clearer for me .....
I agree, the Fishman sounds so nice on it's own and it's so simple, I am really happy I got it. Obviously feel like I am in a little over my head with trying to arrange this trio combo and get it to sound OK thus the need for the mixer....The restaurant we are doing this at has no house PA, and it will be somewhat loud so we do need a little amplification.

I hope to get comfortable with this thing soon, I just want to start playing!

Very glad I chimed in on this forum, a wealth of info and experience.