View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
Congratulations Dustin. Your Beneteau OM looks absolutely stunning, and I'm sure it has the sonic goods to match. I can't wait to see and hear your future videos featuring this gorgeous guitar.
Thanks John, I'll definitely get something up here in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
Exactly this is the tone that I love about Marc's guitars too! It's kind of a signature timbre that he builds into his instruments. Every Beneteau that I had the pleasure to play or listen to has had this kind of soundquality and I absolutely love it. You do call it a "bark", I refer to it as a "gnarl", but when one does hear it, one will indeed recognize it.
Yes! Gnarl is actually better, very guttural bass response on Marc's guitars. Not sure what he does to achieve that but I've noticed it on every build I've played with the exception of a 000-C which I think he voiced more like a Martin and also was slimmer design than usual - it still had fat trebles though which rang clear above the other strings like other guitars from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis1 View Post
Dude!! Crazy gorgeous guitar from Marc here. Congrats, man 🤙🏻
It’s great seeing/hearing guitars like this Beneteau and the Taran in the hands of a player like you. You have great taste, amigo
Thanks my man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Congrats Dustin. I hope it is everything that you hoped for and more…
So far! I've got the tonerite on it when not playing so I expect it to become more even more lively in the weeks to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny B View Post
Really, really nice. Can’t wait to hear you play it. I especially like the grain on the back. This has got to be stellar.
Its a great cut of Indian, he has some nice old sets!

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com