View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 10:08 AM

Beyond a possibly high/dislodged fret (unusual on a Taylor, which is to say I've never heard of one, but I guess it could happen), I've nothing to add on your buzz. With 8/64 action on E (exceeds Martin's spec for needing a neck reset), it's not saddle height or, imo neck relief, and with a fretted note it's not the nut.

I do not agree that Taylors adjust action via their neck angle without regard to the saddle height - they do not. They do adjust neck angle via replaceable shims, but, that's not the same thing.

I have 3 Taylors - measured as I know you measured yours - perfect neck angles, all, and with a new, unlowered, saddle, my actions are where yours is - too high. I take the saddles down (leaving the perfect neck angle as-is) to the action I like (really low - like 4/64 - no buzzing anywhere).

So, leave the neck alone, determine if you have a high fret or frets, fix that (they can be lightly sanded, or tapped back down if they've come due to drying out), then lower the saddle to the action you like.