View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
That was my main question.....if no open string buzz, then its not the nut then?

The action is already quite high and the saddle is original height, so should I try adding more neck relief and then sanding down the saddle to bring it back down? Should I add more relief until the buzz goes away and then see how much I need to lower the saddle to being it back down?
With the modern Taylor neck, the saddle is set at a standard height, and the neck angle is adjusted using shims to set the action. So unless you think someone has previously replaced the saddle, I wouldn't sand the saddle without further investigation.

You said the neck angle is OK, but how accurate is that statement? If you sight carefully along the edge of the neck, does it point exactly at the top of the bridge? If it doesn't then a small correction of the neck angle would be the right way to go, but you'd need a Taylor tech to do it (it shouldn't be expensive).

But before I did any of these things, I'd check the relative humidity, and make sure the RH was in the 45-50% range for at least two weeks - and then check everything again. I've seen how much even moderately high humidity can change the set up and it is remarkable.