View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu147 View Post
So, after a week playing on a daily basis with the new bone saddle on it I changed it back to the tusk one. I was kind of expecting more of the bone one, and now... Wow!! what a difference and for me definitelly how it should sound!!

This is the sound that impressed me so much when I played it at the store and made me buy it. The single notes literally punch me in the chest: warm, rich and loud, very loud!!!

However I am happy to have tried the bone one and I even could imagine myself using it for specific things, really interesting how the saddle affects the sound.

Thanks for your input and kind regards,
I actually just changed the saddle on my Taylor back to Tusq yesterday and had the same results! The warmth and bass were back and the high end was not thin and bright. I know bone is great on certain guitars but Tusq just seems to sound best with bright guitars. I have actually always really liked the Martin D-18 (new bracing version), but sometimes the high end is just a bit too overwhelming. I wonder what Tusq would sound like? It's worth a try I guess!