View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Guitar Gourmet

I work in the pro audio environment. My company has probably somewhere on the order of eighty workstations spread between audio and video. When Apple stopped really supporting the pro community we converted over to PC in order to survive. No surprise there.

We have a computer engineer in our shop who can put together a top-end computer that HP would charge $12k for and it costs us about $4k. That's a top-end DAW box. That means we would have about $9,000 invested in any new PC box, including large screen monitors, interface cards, SSdrives, AND A FULL SUITE OF APPS AND PLUG-INS. Uh, and monitor stands. Our video boxes don't cost much more. All these are also quiet, with dynamic fans.

The only people and companies I know who would be interested in the new Mac Pro would be Mac diehards and those who who want bragging rights for the most expensive box around. I think Apple's reach has exceeded its grasp this time.

It's sad because Apple industrial design is so attractive to me.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)