View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 12:27 PM
Guest 928

Melt;

I don't think anyone doubts the validity of your concerns. What's at issue is your response. While I share your indignation I also make a distinction between a screw-job and a screw-up.

For example, my wife took her car to a dealership for an oil change and a notation on the bill indicated that a serious oil leak would cost $4000 to repair. I took the car to an independent shop considered the best in town run by an engineer with a vast array of certifications--there is no oil leak. That was a dealership screw job that cost the dealership in an-progress new car order. I also did as much on-line dirt as I could.

What you describe is obviously a screw-up. As numerous responses indicate, Alistair will not be happy with the situation and he will, no doubt, take care of the problems, one way or another.

I don't subscribe to your forum response before making Emerald contact, but I do think you point to what may be a problem with Emerald's business plan. When I saw that Alistair was shipping out 22 custom guitars I wondered about how a small shop could sustain such volume--your situation may indicate that it can't.

My belief is that Alistair has established too low a price point on his custom work. It's been great and I've been a beneficiary, but if the screw-up you discuss becomes noted by others then the business plan needs to change.

By the way, while I do not subscribe to your response on this forum, I understand it--it is human. Lo siento.