View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Default SOLD---Peavey Ecoustic 112 EFX amp--local pickup (Philly or Boston) only

This amp is in excellent condition, both functionally and cosmetically. I did have the fabric cover replaced a couple years ago--so it is like new. I have copied and pasted a detailed description of this amp from another website. It describes it far better than i can (or that i even understand!). Due to the weight of this, and the high shipping fees, i will not be able to ship this. But it is available for pickup in the greater Philly--Trenton area where i live, or in the Boston area, where i travel monthly. All AGF policies apply. Feel free to PM or email me with any questions. $225.00. Reduced—$195. NOW $155!

This amplifier is primarily designed for acoustic guitars but works equally well with other acoustic instruments, vocals, drum machines, keyboards, or any other source requiring full-range amplification. The coaxial, 12-inch woofer/soft dome tweeter combination creates a system with uncompromised lows and very smooth highs. The 5-band active equalization on each of the two channels, when used with their individual effects loops and on-board spring reverb, allows for complete control of the tonal balance of the instrument, vocal, etc. The primary Instrument Channel has a specially designed feedback elimination system that includes a phase reversal switch, and a frequency sweepable notch system that allows for exact placement on the problem frequency without reducing the volume in the surrounding frequency band. This system is roughly equivalent to having a single band from a 31-band, l/3 octave EQ that can be swept from 40 Hz to 2 kHz. The Microphone Channel includes a phantom-powered balance Low-Z input and a High-Z input that works simultaneously to allow the use of either type microphone and/or other sources, such as drum machines, keyboards, tape decks, etc. The equalization is identical to that on the Instrument Channel, making this channel a second guitar input. A commonly used method for amplifying acoustic guitar is to mic the instrument and mix it with the piezo output. By using the phase switch on the Instrument Channel, the user can easily mix the two with the appropriate phase so as not to cancel any lows. The inclusion of a transformer-balanced direct output allows the signal to be fed to a mixer either from the Input of the Instrument Channel or from the pre-amp out, which contains the sum of the Instrument and Mic Channels.

(Photo "borrowed" from Reverb--email me for a full range of photos for mine--it is in excellent condition!)

Last edited by sixxstringer; 02-10-2019 at 04:17 PM. Reason: price reduction