View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 05:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N+1 View Post
There's a question in this thread that's never been resolved, and so - could I raise it again please?

Is there any way to resize an image when you're posting, or, more specifically, when replying to a post which contains an image?

The problem is this: suppose John Smith posts one of those superlarge images, and I want to reply to it. If I reply in the normal way, the superlarge image is reproduced pointlessly, taking up a huge space. I could of course delete that image in my reply, but often it would be helpful to retain a small copy of the image for reference in the reply. Is there any kind of [img resize] code that could be inserted to do that? I tried googling the problem, but none of the suggestions I found works. For example:
[img={width}x{height}]{url of image}[/img] doesn't work.
For registered users, it's probably easiest to download the original image, and then attach it to the reply. Along with doing this, you can edit the image link out of the quoted text. In the quoted text I'd replace the image link with something like [original image link removed - see attachment].

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...