View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethebook View Post
Thanks for your interesting input. Eight years ago when I gave up the guitar I had a very nice Alister Atkin OM with a 45mm nut and 57mm at the bridge, a scale length of 24.9". I wish I hadn't let it go now. A new one costs about £2,800 and my budget right now is just over a tenth of that!! I have aged a bit since then with various health issues so I really wouldn't know what my requirements are now. I'm not sure I really knew what they were then. I just took the plunge and bought the guitar from Alister stipulating OOO measurements. The only way to find out what my requirements are now is to play a lot of guitars or at least a selection and in the remote place I live there isn't a decent guitar shop for 300 difficult miles. It just isn't possible and with the low budget I have I can't really stipulate string spacing etc.

I'm leaning towards getting back the Eastman PCH1-OM I tried that, with its 43mm nut when it was advertised by Eastman as 45mm, caused this thread. Though a budget guitar it is very nice and with some much lighter strings on I think I could live with it very well until I can discern what my requirements are in the meantime saving up for an all-solid guitar, maybe the next Eastman up and in the hope that I can get back into playing and that muscle and tendon problems don't get in the way. That's the best solution i can see.
"Getting back"? Did you return it?