View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
It'd be interesting to hear the unpanned versions. To me, these don't sound as spacious as I'd want. I never pan tracks, I just adjust the mic position to get the stereo image I want, but of course, whatever works. Panning seems to change a lot as the mics interact, at least when I do it.
Doug,

I uploaded the 6 source files to the same location. They are in a folder called Samples A, B and C Source Files. They are raw except I left the front and rear fades in place and left the 60Hz bass cut in place. 24 bit/44.1k. The files with "12th fret" added to the titles are the right channels and the files with "LB" added (short for lower bout) to the titles are the left channels. The levels are not matched as closely as the first uploads.

As much as I like the spaced pair configuration, I've never been able to find mic positions that give a realistic stereo image if panned 100% left and right. I guess I just prefer a more mono-like image with a bit of stereo widening. That's what I hear when I listen to a live player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Steve, question on your mixes. You said you used a slight doubler effect on one. I couldn't hear it, but the mix sounded nice. if you don't mind, what is it and how is it set?
That's a Waves Doubler 4 modulator effects plug-in, used very tamely and sparingly.