View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles Tauber View Post
It is certainly a good point that one shouldn't deride others for their preferences in guitars.

I understand that Martin, Taylor and Gibson are the three largest American manufacturers of guitars so it is expected that that is what many people are buying and that those buyers are pleased with their choices. There is also a fairly vocal group of Eastman owners, many of whom seem to have a vested interest in the "Eastman is all handmade" and every bit as good for 1/2 the price as American guitars.

I'm glad that people are excited by the guitars they buy, but it can get a little tiring hearing how great their choices are.
Agreed. People, myself included, often spend considerable time comparing products before a purchase. For much of that time, several choices may seem more or less equal, making it hard to decide. But, after we finally make a choice, if the item is at all expensive, we want to believe we have made the best and only possible choice and that any sensible person would have done the same. We don't want to have screwed up, so we heap great praise on our purchased item.

The irony is that many of these "best in the world" guitars are sold within a few years.

Not tryin' to brag, or nuthin', but I own a guitar.

Last edited by Kerbie; 09-13-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Edited quote