View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
...I’ve not played through a Frontman...May have to give those a look someday...
If you're a fan of blackface Fender clean tone one of these is a must-have - looks like a '65 Twin from the audience (add a set of tilt-back legs for the full effect), can be had for well under $200 if you look around (FYI the surf guys/gals on a budget love them - prices can easily approach or exceed the original $329 street in certain markets for a clean one); FWIW they came in several incarnations - this is the one you want:

Better-sounding/looking than the all-black first editions (some of which had DSP effects - IME avoid these in particular ), makes an excellent pedal platform (you'll probably want a good OD pedal in front - the Drive/More Drive channel is OK in a pinch with the stock speakers, but not this amp's strong point), weighs about 25% less than a Twin, and if you swap in a set of Eminence Cannabis Rex or Swamp Thang speakers and a full-size reverb tank you'll be looking inside for the tubes (BTW takes a lot of the sonic nasties out of the Drive channel as well)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
...I’m not saying I wouldn’t add another but it’d have to be very special, or fill a specific need that I don’t have covered. Such as a 12 String...
Not to start the GAS fire again but if you're looking for a good-sounding/playing electric 12-string at a very reasonable price, check out one of these when you're ready:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ent-cherry-red