View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 04:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
I ordered my X20 with no pickup so it came with their normal strap button (the one you mentioned) at both points. I never removed the upper one but I had to remove the lower one to widen the hole for a strap jack. It's the exact same button. I couldn't get my hand all the way in there on the X20 to do it so I had to get creative. I taped a small piece of wood to a crescent wrench and with some trial and error I got it out. If the nut falls just tilt the guitar and it'll slide right down to the sound hole. It's the exact same button so there's no worries there, just getting at it is the problem.
Thanks for this information. Unfortunately, that's what I was afraid of as I'm pretty positive it's the same for my X10. The bottom button looks to be exactly the same as the top. I definitely can't get my hand down there. And with the level 1 pickup system there's a whole lot more going on down in there than a K&K or a lot of other systems so I'm not inclined to try your system of reaching in there blind with some sort of rigged up tool for fear of damaging what I'm sure are delicate electronics.

The battery compartment is on the bottom right next to the strap button but it seems to be likely glued in place since I don't see any external mounting screws. So no access there. I might end up having to just go with some of those thankfully inexpensive rubber disk type strap retainers Although I've never used them. I actually have some laying around here somewhere that came with a guitar, I think.

I did send an email to Emerald so I'll let you know if they come back with anything. They've been a little slow on the return emails as of late often times coming back a full week or so as opposed to almost immediately. They must be getting very busy over there.