View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimGeezer View Post
Great. Thanks. I've been struggling a long time with a 660 scale and was considering the TP-30-64. I don't think I'd be overcompensating on the reduced scale,
I don't think so either. At all. Although going from 660 to 640 is almost an inch in length, you'll most likely perceive that change, playability wise, as very welcome.
The long scale was mostly introduced to cater to Segovia and the legion of concert level classical students and performers that he inspired. With a handle name like slimgeezer, I'm guessing you also don't have thick chubby fingers like he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimGeezer View Post
but I am a little concerned about the narrower nut. I did try a Cordoba Torres 640. It seems okay, but I hope it will work out in the long run.
The Pavans should all have the flat fingeboard and standard 2" or so classical nut width.
How much wider is the spacing at the nut on your long scale?

It can't be much more than a few mm above that. If so, that shouldn't be an issue for you either I would think. Even with high tension strings.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann