View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 09:50 AM
Guest 928

Party Pooper etc.;

Yes, it is not easy to step out of a product line and do a one-off. Though, as you point out, it becomes more possible with more demand. Joe made 5 custom nylon string Super OMs with interest from 5 people.

I do not see the problems mentioned as insurmountable. The X7 Electric, for example, is 2" and Alistair dialed in the offset sound hole to perfection. The medium scale neck is what I have on the 7 electric and I like it a lot--no problems here.

My relationship with Emerald Guitars has been based on instruments not particularly desired by *many* players, i.e., custom nylon string guitars. Kramster has been a constant reminder of the fact that nylon string instruments are infra-dig. But I have been a market for 5 custom Emeralds, and there are a number of other players on this forum who have reached for their own custom visions and been obliged by Alistair. There has been focus in the search for unique carbon fiber guitars.

From a business point of view, it does not make sense to deviate from common interests. But such deviation feeds an artist's point of view--Alistair is an artist and I think he takes a great deal of joy in creating something new.

Also, as much as Alistair has enjoyed indulging my focus he has also billed me, so he's not exactly giving away the store.

And so, Casual Music, I would hope that you would change your mind and help press Alistair to yet another unique instrument. In exchange for your help, if you one day want a guitar just to your specs I will join your petition and thus, between us, help keep Alistair happy and in a creative mode.

P.S. I hate neck ups, just one more thing to lug around.

PPS. Thank you for chiming in here--argument is how we work our way through uncertainties.