View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 07:42 AM

I love these kinds of threads! As a player it's fun to play guitars but I've always been a "visual learner" so I LOVE pictures.

I remember way back when you unveiled the Deacon. I'd never dreamed of playing a handcrafted guitar but the experience I received from playing that little gem turned my guitar diversion into a full blown obsession of not only playing guitar but also learning about how they're made. While I'm curious about the guitar I have to be honest and say that I'm really loving the jigs! Making jigs has been more fun for me than some steps in the guitar building process. Is that because plywood is cheaper than tone wood?

That being said, this thread particularly intrigues me because when I was younger I had aspirations to become a technical illustrator and learned to model, animate and render in software very similar to CAD. I gave it up to focus on starting a family but have been looking to pick it up again. I'd love it if you could give a presentation at the McJam!

Happy birthday, Tim!