View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 06:17 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
Thanks John. I think you saw the black cloth stand on the desk in the office. They were taken there with my iPhone. The trick was to get the exposure where the black cloth looks black. The back looks lighter than reality in the pics, but the first two are pretty close. Still learning.
Oh my goodness. Do I sense a revolution here?? That is...GREAT guitar builders with oceans of experience now becoming talented photographers?? NICE!!As I have perused the threads in this custom area, I've noticed a whole bunch of just the opposite recently. I think it is time that the audiences out there get their senses tickled a bit to the reality of working with super talented people who build amazing guitars and...by the way...can also take great photos.

Phones take "OK" pictures. Ryan, your pictures look GREAT and the lighting is superb. And for many photos, these included phones work fine. However, despite pixel counts, their lenses are limited. So, if you really want your photos to be smokin' good with even more clarity, a touch more money (investment) will be required .

So, if I were asked (and yes I realize I haven't been lol), the only thing I would add to this is a great camera with a great lens. I think Nikon is the ticket. The digital SLR with 8 or more pixels and a nice big zoom lens. Clarity at it's best. You can pick up a good one on the bay and not have to mortgage the house to get it. It's like adding the sixth man on your basketball team.

Lighting...angles...and add a great camera. It's taking the talent of making a picture as good as those you've shown...add an SLR and...voila...now you have a masterpiece. You'll get back the cost of your investment in a camera with the additional $$ you'll get from your current and future builds. Take nothing away from some of them, but some of the young builders out there have proven all of this to be true .

I just realized I may have hijacked your thread...or did John?? Let's blame John ha!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!