View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
I bought a Shure MV88 stereo mic that plugs directly into the phone, or remotely via a 4' cable. Here it is recording my Tele build plugged into my Fender PRRI which is bridged into a Fishman Loudbox Performer. The mic is in between the 2, and it was set up, literally, in a minute. If my tuning was as good as the sound quality I'd be even happier:-)

HE
HI Howard…

That sure went well with a cup of coffee.

I've been tempted (for shooting audio for video), but what holds me back is I change phones every couple years, and I'm fearing the lightning jack may be going away. My iPad (which would/could be my recording device) is USB-C. There is no way to adapt the Shure MV-88 to it at present.

If Apple would offer a female-lightning to male usb-c adapter or cable, I'd pull the trigger.

Actually there is one made/sold from Asia, but it specifies that it cannot be used with Apple devices for video nor audio, only data transfer and charging.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

Last edited by ljguitar; 04-29-2019 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added a correction/addition