View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 01:18 PM

All of the Morris guitars from that era that I've seen have been decent quality, with all-solid wood construction. But as you can tell from the lack of response to your Craigslist ad, they're virtually unknown to most Americans.

Morris guitars arrived in North America during the 1970's, around the same time as many other Asian-made guitars. They never made any discernible dent in the market, despite being of generally higher quality than many of their competitors. So they never sold all that well.

If you choose to sell the guitar, you have a better chance of finding a knowledgeable buyer for it online, whether on this guitar forum or others around the web. But you should probably have the guitar looked over and adjusted if need be by a guitar repair tech before you list it. If nothing else, get it restrung with a fresh set of strings. But the chances are that it'll need at least a truss rod adjustment, as well.

While you're at the guitar repair shop, find out whether the guitar is all solid wood, or whether it's built from laminated woods. As I mentioned, the ones I've seen have been made from solid wood, and if this is the case with yours, this is something you can mention in your ads.

If it is all-solid woods, that alone should attract more interest.

So my advice is to replace the strings, get it spruced up and tweaked and as playable as possible, then decide whether you're going to keep it or sell it. If you do sell it, you have a much better chance of finding someone who knows what it is online.

Hope this helps.

Wade Hampton Miller