View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Smile The Eagle Has Landed

It is here and it is MY BEST GUITAR EVER.

John has built a REAL BEAST! The sound coming out of this is really warm and rich, with a ton of low end, fat mids and really thick meaty trebles.
And it is REALLY LOUD when I lay into it, but responds beautifully to the lightest touch of bare fingers too.

The asymmetrical mod V/C neck is just what I was after, with half a slim C on the bass side and more of a half V on the treble side. The apex of the neck is shifted a couple MM to the bass side. VERY COMFY for my small old left hand! Very little meat in the shoulders and the carve extends into the neck binding, to allow a thumb over even with the fingerstyle friendly 1 25/32" Nut.

It is even more beautiful in person than the pics show. The woods are so nicely matched! The purflings on the top are spectacular and the thin flamed Mahogany lines next to the thin abalone really show it off perfectly. I was a bit worried that it might have an over abundance of abalone, but it is EXTREMELY tasty!

It feels like a much smaller instrument with the bevels and Wedge. It reminds me of slipping into my favorite old pair of perfectly worn in jeans. Nothing about this is uncomfortable at all. Well, I do need to lean my head away when I whack it hard....

If I sound over the moon, it is because I AM.

I just took this over to my mother-in-law Phebe's house and played her a nice long set in multiple tunings. She said to give John her compliments!

Cindy says it is the best yet, too and she has great ears, undamaged by decades of RAWK, unlike mine! Hahahaha

Thanks John, and thanks all for coming along on this thread with us.

Everybody stay healthy and play beautiful!

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 02-17-2021 at 10:27 AM.