View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccorobb View Post
I didn't read all the feedback so this may have already been said, but I just switched to line 6 Helix and love it. I had a rig similar to the op before: Aura Spectrum>multi fx for compression, eq, reverb > k10 or k12. Too many cables and power supplies.

The Helix IR block allows me to load Aura images (found on web) and mix wet/dry just like the spectrum. Plus I can actually save presets and name them for different guitars/Mando/banjo. Plus all the fx I could want. Plus internal power supply (ie no more wall warts and proprietary power supplies). Now all I carry in is the speaker, Helix bag, and instruments. Great!

I got the LT because I didn't intend to run a mic through it (Church use mainly) but if I was playing solo shows it would totally be worth the extra to get the Helix floor.

This is also the first time I can use the exact same rig for both acoustic and electric without feeling like I'm compromising either. Happy!

A good friend of mine uses the Helix floor for acoustic shows and loves it. He’s trying to get me to switch.