View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Thanks. Yes, I've taken a few panos myself similar to your procedure.

Ever do HDR panos? Those can come out pretty cool. There's a trick for those with RAW files. Just adjust all the photos to the same settings and change the stops by adjusting the exposure on each RAW by a couple EV and then save the JPGs separately. Then make a few separate panos at different exposures and then HDR blend them and adjust. Take a load of time, but I think they come out cool and different.

I almost always bracket my shots during sunrise/sunset shoots. The more recent versions of Adobe Camera Raw (or Lightroom) makes combining exposures far easier and more efficient than just a couple of years ago. The beauty of the newer versions is being able to combine the RAW files to create a RAW composite—thus preserving the maximum amount of non-destructive information for editing. My goal when blending exposures is to try my best to recreate what my eyes could see at the scene, but the camera (far inferior dynamic range than the human eye) is unable capture in a single exposure. Others use HDR to create surreal images, which can be very cool when done tastefully.