View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 11:43 PM

Doing fine, thank you, Ryan. I've been playing the Klepper KJ a lot, as you might well imagine.

Last night I pulled out the 2001 Gibson Advanced Jumbo that inspired the construction of the KJ for the first time since the KJ arrived, and played them side by side. It was interesting to compare and contrast them.

Both are great guitars, and both inhabit a lot of the same tonal universe, just as both my rosewood 000-42 and walnut OM-03W have a lot of similarities.

But the KJ has more potential and a wider dynamic range. It's already a great guitar, and once it gets fully broken in it's going to be a true marvel.

As I stated already at the beginning of this build thread, I already own a number of walnut instruments that serve as nice complements to other rosewood or koa instruments that I use onstage. The rosewood or koa instruments work well when I'm playing solo, while the walnut ones often surpass the others when played in group situations.

This KJ works well in both solo and group situations. It's a keeper, no question about it.

whm