View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Shadd View Post
Thanks everyone, glad y'all enjoyed. Dustinfurlow, to answer your question, it is seriously hard for me to pick just a couple of standout guitars, I have played literally thousands of guitars over the years so of course there have been a large number that were exceptional. If you are talking vintage, I would narrow it down to a particular '37 D-18, a particular '43 D-28, and a '36 Gibson AJ as the best vintage examples that I have played (based on tone). I have also played the famous 1933 D-28 owned and played by Norman Blake for many years, it was a beast of a guitar. Too many guitars from newer builders as well that are great. I guess I will just pick one, and say that my Ken Hooper Tree dreadnought is as good as anything I've played, and it is the only guitar that I have ever had built to my personal specs (neck profile in particular).
Super cool to hear. Lucky man to have graced all those guitars! I hope to play a Hooper at some point, I've enjoyed the recordings of that one alot. I know what you mean about neck profile, it can make the difference of walking past the case or stand more often or not. Cheers!

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com