View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDaniel View Post
Hey all.
I'm looking for ideas for how to improve my playing. I've been playing for about ten or 15 years. Started in a church with a little group and since then basically play some cowboy chords to accompany singing since church worship songs. I'm quite adept at the stuff I know and can and quite well, but I'm sort of stuck getting any better than that. I've considered lessons but with 3 little kiddos I find it hard to find time.

So, I bring it before yall. Any ideas how to get better or even what to work on to improve? I know that's a broad and vague question...
Hi JD
Two things helped me grow.

We have a local guitar society which is a group of players who meet once a month and play/perform/sing for one another for a couple hours. Having to have a couple songs ready once a month has helped over the years I've been involved.

Also, having a regular playing 'partner' who is slightly better at some musical things and still learning others I'm better at has also helped.

We've done coffee house gigs, and other projects now for nearly 20 years.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…