View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Default How many guitars can you handle??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
A timely thread for me this one. Normally, I would say 2 is plenty for me. I'm not joking, with my actual prowess, 2 is an absolute luxury.

As I type this drivel (hic [emoji485][emoji482][emoji485]) I have my 3 sat in front of me now while I A, B, C demo all of them because one needs to go. Why ? Because my hand slipped on my desk Fri lunchtime and hit the Return key and somehow, I've bought another one [emoji849] 0-18 incoming then !

To be fair, I'd reconciled this in my mind before the key of doom was hit. I've had the Gibson 2 days, that can't go. The 0-15 is like, if I may insert a pet analogy here, a 10 week old Cocker Spaniel puppy; infectiously cute and eager to please. That leaves the Clapton 28 , which is probably 5 times better a guitar than I am a player, so it has to go to someone who can properly extract its full potential. The decision, in all honesty was quite straightforward.

Then I got home from work and played it, with the others for about 3 hours. Oh, hang on, let's not be too hasty about this, I hear my inner monologue begin, it does sound pretty special and is the only rosewood protagonist I own. Oh crap [emoji46]. If it goes and I regret it, it'll cost a fistful of wedge to acquire another one.

So, anyone want to buy a puppy [emoji190]???[emoji53]

Love this post!

First let me say, if a 0-18 is coming in, the 0-15 has to go in my mind.

But, half of the fun to me is the journey, not the destination. I just bought a D-18 and 000-18 and feel like I need to sell one just to be financially responsible, but I don’t want to. My J-45 is staring at me right now saying “why you giving me the stink eye bro??” I’m like “settle down brah, I ain’t selling you...yet...”

In all seriousness, I feel like the J-45 and D-18 cover the same ground and this particular D-18 is a beast. I had a D-18 once but it wasn’t this resonant. The 000-18 has THE Martin sound I hear in my head. It’s comfy and I just love it.

I’m mildly claustrophobic, but not in the sense of small spaces, but rather with clutter. I hate clutter. My guitar room feels cluttered right now with guitars, and my closet doesn’t have space for one of my cases. That’s driving me insane alone.

So I too have a decision to make. My head says to sell the 000-18 before I fall in love, but then there’s the overlap in sound and purpose of the J-45/D-18.

Here’s the deal. Some people like having multiple sounds at their disposal and like having different choices and just go with which guitar they want to play that day. I just wanna play the better sounding guitar!

Last edited by Shades of Blue; 05-03-2019 at 08:39 PM.