View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 03:45 PM

For most of my life, I had 2 guitars - an acoustic 6 string and acoustic 12 string. A Harmony and a Yamaha first, then 2 Ovations and was totally content. Then my kids graduated from college and a monster was unleashed. I currently have 12, 11 acoustics and 1 electric (no 12 string). I realized that I liked to hang out in guitar stores, first the Podium in Minneapolis then Hill Country Guitars - both gone (no fault of mine). There is no good hang-out guitar store in Austin now, but it has not helped all that much. I go into Strait Music and they are handing me guitars and going up in the warehouse to find what the Martin rep has ordered lately. I get to play new Taylors and Martin Custom Shops before they make it to the sales floor.

However, I blame my last acquisition on this forum and the BIG event. I purchased a fairly high-end OM and my wife has not really pressured me into selling others to offset it. I try to play every guitar at least once a week but do not always make it particularly when a new one is taking more time.

I do think that 5 acoustics and one electric is a good number but do not have any plans on trying to reach it. I have been careful about telling my wife when I am going to a guitar store however. We were close today, but it was her birthday and somehow I did not feel that was appropriate.