View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
I just have to tell a story about another Taylor. It's not mine, but the irony of it just kills me.

I have a friend who got a brand new 414ce from one of the big box stores. It's a beautiful guitar with really neat looking figure on the ovankol. He proudly paid full price AND he also bragged about adding on the "extended warranty." My first bit of amusement is that he paid way too much.

Then, he took it to "a guy" to have some work done on it. In addition to a "setup" (which consisted of shaving the saddle down almost level with the bridge, he had another end pin installed and moved the cable jack. So now he has 3 holes in the guitar. In the process of moving the jack, something got messed up so it caused him to lose signal about half of the time he played. I played it a few times, and it was impossible to play without buzzing, and had very little volume acoustically.

I wouldn't normally take joy in someone else's problems, except this guy, whenever we would play together, would grab my 314ce, strum a few chords and comment "When are you gonna get a real guitar?" or "I hope you didn't pay a lot for this clunker" or "You need to get this thing set up." Still that never stopped him from picking it up and playing it whenever I set it down and turned my back.

Fast forward a couple of years and he left his case open and I saw a receipt in there. I took a look and it was a receipt from a a legitimate guitar shop where he had taken it to get all the stuff fixed the first guy messed up. He never said anything to me about it, but he still grabs my 314ce whenever I put it down.
He won't admit it ... but his favorite Taylor is yours
Guild GAD25
Yamaha FG413S / FG200 / FG800