View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 12:28 PM

Update:

I remain deeply grateful to the gracious and wonderful folks on this forum. Several reached out to me via email and have been overwhelming patient, helpful and just plain fun to talk with.

Here's the current status. Gear is either on hand or awaiting delivery in the coming week.

MacBook Pro, external hard drive. Got a fire breather so I don't have to worry about having enough horsepower down the road.

Universal Audio x8 and 4-710D.

Reference mic to help set the room up. Also have 1 AKG mic on hand.

Settled on Pro Tools. Currently researching in-person or on-line learning options.

Physical setup of the 'pieces parts' should finish up this week. Getting the desk assembled will speed things up considerably.

The only 2 major items yet to be purchased are Pro Tools and I still need to pick monitors. Pro Tools looks like 'click and order' so I'm waiting until the MacBook actually gets here. I have a set of good headphones so I'm able to proceed. The slow down is that I am trying to be careful and make sure of the quality of speakers I get. I also had to unexpectedly go to Texas this past week so that slowed things down a bit.

Thanks again, for the help. I'm closing in on getting started.