View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 06:54 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
OK, I made a quick and dirty demo, partly because I thought it might help Barry, partly because I realized I'd never tried this in Audition, so it was good to check out the workflow there. This isn't likely to be much help to Barry, unfortunately, but this is what everyone is trying to explain, as applied to solo guitar. Just about any DAW made in the past 10 years or so will do this, it's just a matter of where the various buttons are found. (Note that I now have about 5 minutes worth of experience doing this in Audition, so there may be shortcuts or better ways to do things in it.) But Audition 1.5 was basically the old freeware "Cool Edit", maybe 20 years old now? and was never intended to do this kind of thing.

Anyway, hope this is still useful. I was just on a tech support line with a guy who kept telling me to "push the button on the right" and I saw no button on the right. Very frustrating :-) So hopefully this will clarify what people have been telling you to do, even tho you don't have the tools to do it.

I used my stab at your example, Barry. Doesn't really sound like Stephen, but that's how it goes...

Wow, thanks Doug. I'll have to see what multi track DAW I can come up with. That was really interesting. I'd be really happy with that recording result! Thanks again!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: