View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:37 PM

Work (and other things) got really really busy, and I ended up being away the AGF for about 2 weeks (I barely even touched a guitar in that time period either!).

Thanks so much everyone for your time and feedback here. It will probably be a bit longer before I have time to process it all, and I don't have a clear sense of exactly what the solution(s) is(are), but you have all given me a lot of good ideas for things to investigate and experiment with when I have a bit more time (sometime this summer I think).

Incidentally, the 12 string went in for setup work today (something I'd been planning anyway), so that might help. However, my harsh sound problem is not limited to that guitar, so there will be other things to explore too, ranging from how I play when recording (I'm quite certain I need to modify my attack when recording), to microphone placement and recording levels, to processing.

(A more immediate concern temporarily distracting me from recording issues is turning out to be the matter of figuring out what sort of small amp or small PA system to buy .... my family has some performances coming up this summer and we'd like to get set up with some sort of amplification system soon.....amplification equipment is almost seeming like a bigger mystery than recording at the moment!)

Again, thanks, and I apologize for disappearing from the thread I started for so long without acknowledging all the help folks have given me.

Last edited by wcap; 04-26-2014 at 10:46 PM.