View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 07:54 PM

I threw a little guitar party today: had some friends over to play my new Kinnaird and to do a little A/B/C comparing. But we were having too much fun swapping songs and stories to be systematic. Everybody loved the new guitar, but they loved the others too, and I think after a while no one was paying much attention to what they were playing. I meant to take pictures but forgot, as usual. Here's a shot of the three guitars I took to the party:

Sorry it's so huge. I never know how my Facebook posts are going to come out here.

Despite the chaos of a party jam, I was able to do some evaluation. When I was playing it, I was loving the new FS on many songs. It really shone on the "You Never Give Me Your Money" medley from Abbey Road, and on "The May Day Carol." It works fine for strumming, lightly, but not so much for boom-chuck bluegrass. I knew that all along, and since my Allison dread is a top-notch banjo killer, I knew it didn't need to be. I find the sound of this new one seductive - almost intoxicating. It is definitely going to get most of my practice time for the foreseeable future - except when I'm learning a new fiddle tune.