View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkLitIScream View Post
I did extensive playing comparing the models top to bottom, and I too came to the same conclusion. I have no experience with the vintage series (no interest) and only compared the coloured series.

I did a lot of playing with the Cedar and rosewood models (Yellow, Green, Red, Rainbow) but same conclusion. If you were a blind man or a person who didnt care about the visuals, I would always suggest getting the yellow series for a CR guitar. No significant difference between it, the orange or red series guitars. I actually expected the yellow and orange to sound similar, with a significant difference with the reds, given that they go extra voicing on the back as well.

Not so. it wasn't a difference that warranted almost 2x the price.

I will say that there is a difference between the blue CM and green CM models, and I would attribute that to the finish? Blues are all satin, greens all gloss.

Really wonderful instruments though.
Thanks for your feedback. If we were to just look at Green and Yellow while including discontinued models, we'd have quite a selection of guitars:

Furch Green SR
Furch Green Plus SR = Furch 22 SR
Furch Green Master's Choice
Furch 23 SR (Can't find anything about it online, yet there are German shops offering it)
Furch 24 SR ~ Yellow/Orange
Furch 25 SR ~ Red/Red Plus
Yellow SR
Yellow Plus-SR

Out of all of those, I've only played the Furch Green SR as a Grand Auditorium with a Cutaway; this one I liked very much - felt great to play, strumming sounded a bit like I was playing a 12 string the way the higher notes were noticeable while still providing a great balance across the "spectrum".
The only Yellow I've played so far was a Grand Auditorium with a Cedar top, which I didn't like (the first time that happened to me with a Furch instrument). Its sound was "over the top": At first I thought that one of the strings was out of tune, but then I realized that the 5th string was so dominant, it was muddying up the whole sound. Maybe it was the Cedar top instead of Sitka or maybe it was just a dud, but I'd still be willing to try a SR Yellow if I could get my hands on one.