View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitartanzon View Post
OK.........I just Got it....I am original poster
played for about an hour...

my initial thoughts

1. High quality
Bindings, fretboard (look at that nicely bounded fretboard ......and headstock shape reminded me very much like the Larrivee P-03 i use to have) saddle, overall finish, logos, inlay, all very well fitted and quite attractive...love the classy semi open pore finish..actually the overall appearance of whole guitar was very p -03 series larriveeish to me ....just my impression, a poor mans p-03? with a fishman pickup...anyway
HSC is 1st class ... EVEN comes with a humidifyer tube and of course a truss rod tool......
but......I think a smaller quality padded gig bag would have been a better fit for this size travel guitar than the hard case.

2. feels SUPER light weight, like a feather. Is that good or bad? you decide

3. Size.....comparison to a taylor gs mini

TAYLOR GS MINI ...........................Paramount travel
laminate -solid top".".......................100 percent solid wood
nut. 1 11/16....................................same
* Scale Length: 23-1/2"...................... same
* Body Length: 17-5/8"...................... 17
* Body Width: 14-3/8"........................ 14
* Body Depth: 4-7/16"......................... 3- 3/4
The FenderParamount is a slighty smaller guitar and noticeably thinner.

4. Playability.....I was quite pleased....action is surprising 2.o mm at 12 th fret.
thats low. I tweeked the truss rod just a bit to my liking... My particular instrument had no buzz..and was very easy to fret and play general.

5.Sound.Acoustic......Actually quite pleased with volume from this litte guy. Still has the fender strings on it. Going to put it on tonerite for a few days and change strings....Based on its size, am assuming not huge bass ......but i need to experiment with strings...I found it pleasing finger picked or strummed....( disclosure, I also wear hearing aids, so what i hear may be an inaccurate assessment of its true voice..) ...

Electric amp sound...cannot comment...my amp cord broke. need to get a new one. But supposedly, this is its strong point, the pickup system.

Overall,

very well made, quite pretty and easy to play with nice guitar voice. a little smaller than a gs mini, but i think much classier...
The GS mini is great ....but you know its a travel guitar...this is like an expensive quitar that was tiny sized..

Quality...high in spades, cuteness factor, a 10.

Downs......MAY be too small for some players....size wise and scale lenth..if they find playing a gs mini too small......this may not be for them...

conclusion..The Gs Mini probably sounds better and fuller, is a more robust and stronger built travel guitar... but everyone and thier grandma has one..and they are pretty plain jane....but this little paramount is eye candy, a more refined looking guitar....more like a high end mini guitar...than a travel guitar...with some really nice upscale embelishments and nice features...beautiful binding and rossette, awesome inlay head stock, bone nut and saddle, ebony and pearl bridge pin set, great pickup system with on board tuner, beautiful nickel tuners...attractive wood...and plays great...
.for $299 shipped with a plush lined classy beautiful hsc ......with looks like a larrivee p-03...she is a keeper!
I've played one of these, more than once. Loved it. You are right - I felt it was very light, as well. I also felt I could dig into it with a pick and fingers. Good buy!

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan